In June of 1976 Mike & Ruth Palmer purchased The Spot
to Eat Restaurant in downtown LaGrange. The Spot to Eat was a small deli restaurant that had been in LaGrange since at least the early 1940’s. “The Spot” was open 6 days a week for lunch and just 2 nights a week for dinner (until 8pm). LaGrange was a very different then… there were only about 5 restaurants in LaGrange, there was no liquor service in LaGrange (no liquor service in many of the other Villages along the BNSF corridor as well) and the La Grange Theater had just one screen.